Roasted veggies are the staple side dish in our house. I always have the ingredients on hand because I make it so often. I have really enjoyed kicking up the flavor with a spoonful of Amber’s Kitchen Italian Seasoning sprinkled over the top.
Why Roasted Veggies?
It’s easy to eat veggies when they taste delicious! And honestly, I feel like few cooking methods- if any- make veggies taste as good as when they are roasted.
Sautéing? Good flavor but more effort since it’s a hands-on method 😜.
Roasting? Bingo! Easy and delish!
The flavor and sweetness that develops from a high heat and fast roast (400° or 425° F for about 20 minutes) makes them taste so good!
A Few Tips
- If I can chop all my veggies at once right after grocery shopping, then I have them cut, bagged, and ready to roast for a quick side for multiple meals. This makes it way easier to just throw them on a baking sheet and roast them when I want to throughout the week!
- For the best crisp texture lay the veggies flat on the baking sheet. If they are too crowded they will get soggy!
- These are some of the veggies I like using:
But use vegetables that you love!
- If you have enough oil and salt in there, most likely it’s going to taste good! If you have picky kids, try melting some cheese on top of the veggies and that might help them be willing to try it.
You can go wild with dressing them up, but I like to go simple and just add a drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil, and a sprinkle of Redmond Real Salt garlic pepper.
Affiliate coupon code is “Amberskitchen” for _% off.
Perfect Roasted Vegetables
- broccoli cut up
- matchstick carrots
- white onion slices
- red or yellow bell pepper slices
- zucchini cubes
- asparagus, stems cut off
- any other veggie you like!
- 1-2 T EVOO or avocado oil
- sprinkle of Italian Seasoning Jar
- In a baking dish, toss the vegetables oil and seasoning together.
- Bake at 400° F for 15 minutes
- Note: If you want to cook harder vegetables with this such as potatoes, whole carrots, or butternut squash, give them a 15 minute head start in the oven since they take longer to cook.