If you are boiling your brussel sprouts, you’re doing it wrong. ROAST them in the oven for delicious flavor and texture. And while you’re at it, adding bacon and a maple syrup glaze doesn’t hurt either. These roasted maple Brussels with bacon are so good, they’re like candy!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh brussel sprouts
- 5 slices good quality, thick-cut bacon, uncooked
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 T pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut bacon in 1/2 inch pieces and put in a 9x13 pan. Bake in the oven for 10 min.
- Trim your Brussel Sprouts and cut them in half.
- After the bacon bakes for the first ten minutes, add the Brussel Sprouts, oil, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the maple syrup on top.