Hands down, my favorite Instagram account is @just.ingredients . She does such an amazing job of making healthier, non-toxic eating and living more doable! Recently she talked on her page about how most traditional hand soaps are full of ugly chemicals and parabens that our bodies absorb easily into through skin. She then showed how she easily makes her own clean-ingredient hand soap for much less cost than buying “healthy” soap from the store! So I copied her idea and I am so happy about it!
The upfront cost of making this soap is more because you have to buy the bottles, but with one gallon of Castile soap, you can make 32 bottles of soap! And the essential oil will probably last for 64 bottles of soap. So for under $1.50 each- it’s totally worth it to me to make my own, non-toxic soap!
Homemade Hand Soap
- Liquid Castile Soap, any brand will do, I bought mine from Amazon
- Essential oil of choice for scent (I use grapefruit and I LOVE the Plant Therapy brand)
- liquid soap pump dispensers- BPA-free
- distilled water
- Add about 1/3 of the liquid Castile soap to each soap dispenser.
- Fill to the top with DISTILLED water.
- Add 5 or more drops of essential oil to each.
- Refill when necessary.