Who doesn’t love a good “set it and forget it meal?” None of us have time to spend an hour cooking every day. Or any day. This crockpot or instant-pot friendly meal saves my bacon regularly. Plus, it’s delicious. Double plus, it makes plenty so we always get leftovers out of this one.
Honey Sesame Chicken
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 T avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 2 T cornstarch
Crock Pot Instructions
- Combine ingredients in the crockpot and set on low for 6 - 8 hours for high for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve with rice.
Instant Pot Directions
- Combine all ingredients in the instant pot except for the cornstarch.
- Cook on manual for 22 minutes for thin cut breasts, 26 minutes for thick-cut breasts.
- Let the pressure release naturally (don't twist the knob for a quick pressure release) for at least ten minutes.
- Remove chicken and push the "sauté" button.
- Add the cornstarch and cook sauce, stirring often, until it thickens up.
- Shred the chicken and serve with rice and the sauce.