Who doesn’t love a good “set it and forget it meal?” None of us have time to spend an hour cooking every day. Or any day. This crockpot or instant-pot friendly meal saves my bacon regularly. Plus, it’s delicious. Double plus, it makes plenty so we always get leftovers out of this one.
Honey Sesame Chicken
Prep: 5 min Cook: see below Total Time: 5 min + cooking
Tender and savory shredded chicken that practically cooks itself. Throw it in the pot, and walk away. This flavor-filled chicken is great over rice.
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
CROCK POT DIRECTIONS:
Combine ingredients in the crockpot and set on low for 6 – 8 hours for high for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve with rice.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
- Combine all ingredients in the instant pot except for the cornstarch.
- Cook on manual for 22 minutes for thin cut breasts, 26 minutes for thick-cut breasts.
- Let the pressure release naturally (don’t twist the knob for a quick pressure release) for at least ten minutes.
- Remove chicken and push the “sauté” button.
- Add the cornstarch and cook sauce, stirring often, until it thickens up.
- Shred the chicken and serve with rice and the sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @amberskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #amberskitchen.
If I use chicken thighs, about how many lbs would you estimate I use?
Hi Tami! It is about 1.5-2 lbs of chicken!