Guys, this is cheap and way healthier than the yogurt from the store. You can do this! Although the process takes a while, the total actual time that you will spend on this won’t be more than 5 minutes. Enjoy!!!
Instant Pot Greek Yogurt
- nut milk bag $8 on Amazon
- food thermometer
- extra rubber instant-pot sealing ring to be used only when you make yogurt
- 1 gallon organic whole milk
- Replace the existing rubber gasket with a fresh one. Again, this fresh rubber ring is to be used ONLY for yogurt making. It helps your yogurt not tasty like last week's chicken curry.
- Pour in an entire gallon of milk. (I use organic whole milk).
- Put on the lid and then push "yogurt", the "adjust" until it says "BOIL". This step can take 30-40 minutes.
- When it is done, check the yogurt temperature with a thermometer. You need your yogurt to rechristen 180-185°F. If it doesn't get hot enough, you need to repeat this step.
- Once it has reached the right temperature it will need to cool down to somewhere between 100-110°F. Remove the inner pot and let it cool on the counter. This could take up to two hours.
- Put the pot back in and mix in about one cup of high quality, probiotic-rich yogurt.
- Put the lid on the pot then push "yogurt" then "adjust" until it reads "8:00".
- After it is done incubating, empty contents into a "nut milk bag" (or a cheesecloth) and set it somewhere to strain for a couple of hours. Note: the liquid that comes out from the bottom is whey. Some people save it and drink it because it is high in protein. I personally don't care for it because it is tart, but you choose!
- After it has completely strained, you have your yogurt. Keep it in the fridge.