Guys, this is cheap and way healthier than the yogurt from the store. You can do this! Although the process takes a while, the total actual time that you will spend on this won’t be more than 5 minutes. Enjoy!!!
Instant Pot Greek Yogurt
Prep: 5 min Cook: 12 hrs 30 min Total Time: 12 hrs 30 min
Yes, you can make your own yogurt!! Even better, it tastes amazing. It’s cheap with all the health benefits. Have fun!
- Nut milk bag ($8 on Amazon)
- Food thermometer
- Extra rubber instant-pot sealing ring to be used ONLY for yogurt-making ($8 for 2 pack on Amazon)
Replace the existing rubber gasket with a fresh one. Again, this fresh rubber ring is to be used ONLY for yogurt making. It helps your yogurt not tasty like last week’s chicken curry.
Pour in an entire gallon of milk. (I use organic whole milk).
Put on the lid and then push “yogurt”, the “adjust” until it says “BOIL”. This step can take 30-40 minutes.
When it is done, check the yogurt temperature with a thermometer. You need your yogurt to rechristen 180-185°F. If it doesn’t get hot enough, you need to repeat this step.
- Once it has reached the right temperature it will need to cool down to somewhere between 100-110°F. Remove the inner pot and let it cool on the counter. This could take up to two hours.
- Put the pot back in and mix in about one cup of high quality, probiotic-rich yogurt.
- Put the lid on the pot then push “yogurt” then “adjust” until it reads “8:00”.
- After it is done incubating, empty contents into a “nut milk bag” (or a cheesecloth) and set it somewhere to strain for a couple of hours. Note: the liquid that comes out from the bottom is whey. Some people save it and drink it because it is high in protein. I personally don’t care for it because it is tart, but you choose!
- After it has completely strained, you have your yogurt. Keep it in the fridge.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @amberskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #amberskitchen.