The Instant Pot makes cooking so much easier! Especially on Thanksgiving when there are already enough demands on your stove and or oven (just a heads up tip for Thanksgiving season)! These potatoes are easy and delicious!
Note: you can double this recipe, just be sure not to let it go above the “max” line in the instant pot. Don’t forget to double the water/broth as well.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large potatoes washed and cubed
- 1 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 cup warmed whole milk
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste and pepper to taste
- Wash, peel, and chop potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in the instant pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Put the lid on, seal the steam valve, and cook on manual/high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, do a quick pressure release by twisting the steam valve to “venting”.
- Open the lid. There won’t be much water, so you don’t need to drain. Add butter, salt, milk, and pepper to taste.
- Mash until combined and creamy- but don’t overwork or the potatoes will become very gluey.